Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Happy Meat Night

Happy Meat night '06 was the first time I'd attended my oldest brother's annual party. The concept is simple: Outdoor potluck. One rule: Only MEAT and Beverages (preferably alcoholic) are allowed on the premesis. Side dishes, garnishes, bread, and zuccini can just turn around and go home now. Also, there was the annual "throw everyone into the kiddy pool" festivities, followed shortly with the pinata! The pinata, of course, burst open to shower its meaty treats like jerky and the fake chew look-alike called jerky stuff.
Everyone had comemorative "Happy Meat Night '06" tshirts and got them comemoratively soaked in the Kiddy Pool. Can't Wait for HPN '07! Anyone who attended: Please leave a comment with the Best and Worst nominations!

5 comments:

middleson said...

yeah! fun times. nothing like a dunk in the kiddy pool around 11 to help you get your 2nd wind. i got quite a few laughs out of the piƱata. there were some killer swings being taken.
My Worst would be pickled pigs feet. My best would probably be the smoked pork loin. well done matt!

les said...

I'd have to say the worst was the octopus. The taste itself wasn't all that horrible, sort of like bland tuna. I wasn't a fan of the texture or the visual of a whole, purple octopus perched on a toothpick. My favorite would have to be the BBQ ribs. Man, those were good! A close second, however, to Jake's bacon wrapped sausages. Very tasty as well!

Caboose said...

My least favorite was the octupus as well. My favorite was either the bacon wrapped sausage, the ribs, or the buffalo steaks. And yeah, the Hower guys were swinging for the fences! I was waiting for the pinata to explode, and the contents to get blasted into the neighbors' yard.

Lehrer said...

good pics! glad you had a good time...my favorite dish ribs. worst.. i'm with you ms ppf.

Stoppable said...

best: scallops
worst: pigs feet