Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Relic

I figure that this guy is complete enough to debut. 'The Relic' project now only waits on tuners, nut, and controls.
This strat is days away from being playable. I also plan on replacing the white pickup covers with mint green ones to match the pickguard. Those are Custom Shop Fat 50's pickups for those that are interested. Low output; the opposite of Texas Special or overwound pickups. Lets you crank your amp and hear every subtle sound out of the instrument without distorting or feedback. Also means I can have the pickups just under the strings, the way I like it without so much twangy bite to it.
I know that it looks strange having the paint look so old but the rest of the guitar is pristine, and I plan on fixing that. The metal hardward gets a saltwater brine sprayed on it to oxidize them, the wood gets scratched and dinged, and the headstock needs a few war scars too. I think I'm going to give it a few significant dings in strategic places, but then letting the rest of the relic process happen naturally.

2 comments:

loiles said...

Gorgeous!! You'll have to keep up this hobby for sure!

middleson said...

it's a beaut.