Tuesday, June 5, 2007

FATE

I can usually tell when and if I'm meant to have the things that I want. A perfect example of what I mean ensued last week.
I've been tinkering around more on my keyboard, kindly loaned to me in college by TexasToast, but its small range, tin-y sound, unweighted keys, and lack of a suspension pedal slowly eat at me. I'm sort of a tone (sound quality) freak, and not being able to get the sounds I want is frustrating. So I had decided that I would save up and buy a nice electric piano. That went fine.
Then last week, I had saved enough and wanted to go and get it on Tuesday. That day, however, I dropped my car off for an oil change and checkup. Of course, fate decided that I was not meant to have the piano. I had saved $370 for the exact price of the piano, but my brakes needed work done. The final bill? $370. Plus tax. Why me?

2 comments:

Stoppable said...

perhaps your muse believes you were meant to use this time to compose your own music...

homebase said...

good thought stoppable. that's life, baby. Sorry about that. Your brakes need work already? I thought Beecher's checked all that out. But better safe than sorry. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go....