Thursday, January 17, 2008

RHCS Strat

The current project is coming along slowly. Found this neck on ebay for crazy cheap, and it turned out to be a pretty high-quality neck. Its a lefty neck on my right handed body. This is known as a 'reverse headstock' and alleged to have a slightly different tone than the regular neck. I'm doing it for asthetic reasons, copying others who've done it in the past. Steve Miller, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and John Mayer to name a few. Hendrix's entire guitar was turned upside down, because he played left handed on a right handed guitar, but the contours of the strat body are really uncomfortable like that. This is usually how most Jimi-esque emulators compromise.

2 comments:

homebase said...

wow, I really like it. I didn't get this..."your right handed body", you mean your right handed body when you play guitar, right?? I do know you are left handed, but play right handed, correct??, so my question is can you play it , or have to learn to play it?? Who would buy it, a right or left handed player?? It kinda matches my nike shoes I have on this morning...ha ha. but really it is almost addidas looking!! Do they have colored strings for guitars?? Like shoelaces?? where you can change the laces/strings when you feel like it??? I really like the look. I am sure the guitar is laying there just for the photo because if it's one thing you have taught us is to never lay down a guitar and not near a heat source(your radiator). :)

Caboose said...

Ha, yeah, I moved it shortly afterwards, you're a quick learner!
Its just like my regular guitars, only the headstock is upside down, so yes, I'll be able to play this. A right-hander will play it. Does look sorta Adidas-like....