Monday, March 17, 2008

a cold day in August...

New post!!
I like to wait until my readership is just about to ask for refund of their subscription fees, then hit 'em with some new content. Since I still work my same boring job, and my projects have stalled as of late, I've had little if any source material. My posts would have looked like this:

"March 1st.
Snowed again. Stayed inside. I picked up my room, since I'm in here most of the time.
March 2nd.
Snow turned to ice. I fell today. I don't think anyone saw it. Maybe I'll cook something tonight.
March 10th.
I cooked something. Pasta. It wasn't very good. Jake's making Spicy Pork Curry with basmati rice and butternut squash tomorrow. Maybe I'll just stick to doing the dishes.
March 11th.
I have just started copying and pasting old posts, since nothing new is going on."

In the last few weeks, I did sell two of my guitars that I didn't really need. The first was an acoustic guitar that I've had for several years and didn't like. I had turned it into a lap slide guitar, then got tired of that and it sat in its case for 2-3 years. I managed to sell it for only $15 less than I bought it for, which is AWESOME. I thought I was going to have to burn it for heat to get anything worthwhile out of it. The other sale was the hand-painted Monterey Pop strat. I invested only $79 + $15 worth of paint and several hours of work into this guitar. It sold for much more than that. I was pretty stoked. Now I have the decision to either be frugal and just pocket that $, or save half and re-invest the other half into either new projects or a quality instrument. (I can already hear mom saying 'save it!!')

I also had the chance to play outside for a while yesterday with two other guys, one on acoustic guitar, and anther playing saxophone. That was a pretty good time, we've got plans to play in the skywalk (something I've wanted to do for a while) on Friday.Cheers! Its St. Patricks Day!

7 comments:

homebase said...

Well, what fun!! look at you, I would have put a few!!--:) Good for you, something fun and outdoors. Well, if you save half, maybe do another... :)

homebase said...

that was supposed to be"a few dollars in"

loites said...

This looks so fun! I bet it sounded great too! Where are the three of you playing at? You should be like the guy who played (or perhaps, still plays) in the skywalk by Pablos and put little inspirational sayings on your case each week. Either way, I'm with Homebase, I'd drop some money in too!

Stoppable said...

sorry to miss you st. patty's day.


love the diary entry -- i always laugh when people (myself included) slip or fall on the ice, as long as serious injury does not occur. kt thinks it's an ugly streak, but there's something subconsciously hilarious about it to me. i hit an icepatch just a few feet from the car on the way in to work, did the i'm-not-going-down-dance and was laughing my head off the second i regained my balance....

Stoppable said...

bang up job on the guitar sales! put me down in the reivesting for next project category

middleson said...

congrats on the sales!

and congrats on finally getting out of your room and playing your guitar! it was nice to hear you guys playing, i think it should be a weekly occurance throughout the summer. i also think you should try some solo busking on beaver.

your 'fake' blog entries made me laugh. it's all relative with cooking...you think that i make advanced meals, whereas i think i make the same stuff all the time and stoppable is the advanced one. you're doing fine, just try to add one or two new dishes every 6 months or so. find things that are easy and that you like to eat. that's the key.

Anonymous said...

I am a loyal reader and normally don't leave comments BUT this day was so exciting. so much fun! Matt was on a music high the rest of the day. Maybe next time ya'll could dress more alike :) I think that is why the lady dropped 20 bucks ... just look at ya'll. Good kids making downtown more enjoyable to walk through. I cant' wait for the skywalk, I will be the one taking pictures.