Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Full Court Press vs. Kitchen Sink

I never really understood how people got "aloof and distant" from Barak Obama. Maybe he 'misspoke' when he mentioned the small town statement that has become a favorite line of his opponents. Personally, being from a small town myself, I don't think he could have been more correct. No its not 100% accurate to say that everyone from a small town 'clings to guns, religion, and xenophobia,' but a damn good portion of them do. Numbers don't lie, but people do. I would have gone even farther to suggest that the biggest fear/problem concerning small towns is the apathy and active ignorance. The idea of, "I don't know and it doesn't affect me, so why should I be informed about it? I'd stick out too much if I'm too informed or smart around here." That's what leads people to only 'cling' to what they already know. There's no room for new ideas or dialogue with opposing interests, just more of the same. Sorry that's another rant...

Here's something that I've always liked about Obama that I never understood why they didn't promote more of. Now it looks like its his camp's new angle to shift the focus before Indiana and North Carolina. It'll never get as much press time as Wright (the MSM just doesn't wanna hear that many happy stories. They want DIRT. alas) but I'll do my part.

Link to the story.

3 comments:

homebase said...

Hey, I just lost my post, I was just saying I don't think Hillary or McCain really care enough about small towns to say anything. I love that Obama was bowling. Cool. cool picture today too.

homebase said...

Because of UNC of course. :)

Stoppable said...

I don't have anything to say about his politics today (other than DEEP SIX YOUR LATEST ENDORSEMENT FROM MICHAEL MOORE!) but I would like to suggest lowering his center of gravity against this kid --- that's a serious arm-bar!