Monday, June 16, 2008

The Ministry

I've posted on these guys before, so this may not be news to my readership. Some friends of mine from the Hickory Park days started a wrock band a little over a year ago. There are quite a few wrock bands, and I have to admit that most of them are pretty terrible. I can stomach about 5 of them. These guys are definitely my favorite, and it actually has nothing to do with the fact that I know them. Luke's previous work as Tillerman was pretty amazing and Aaron and Jason's previous band 38th Parallel was pretty solid as well. Aaron and I had some pretty in-depth philosophical conversations concerning the world of Harry Potter. (at the bar no less. Cubbies? No. Lakers? Thanks, but no. Racing? Hells no. Harry Potter?! Sign me UP!)
Anyways their band, The Ministry of Magic, had put out an EP exactly a year ago yesterday with some family favorites such as "Snape vs. Snape" and "The Hero." Now they have a brand new full length album, Goodbye Privet Drive, available for purchase. I stopped into Flourish & Blotts to pick up my copy the last time I was in Diagon Alley.
Personal favorites: The Bravest Man I Ever Knew, Phoenix Lament/Epilogue, Sonorous Love, Goodbye Privet Drive, and others. Basically this album is going to rock, er, wrock.

Also, just click the link above and look at their MySpace. Its really well done. I LOVE their pictures at the top. If you don't read Harry Potter, you won't get why those pictures are awesome. Or why some of these new songs have some serious emotional content.

2 comments:

galfunseeker said...

I remember last year when you were super cited about these guys. Other than the few HP movies that I have seen and you explaining every thing to me.. most of the lyrics are over my head. I do like the electronic, mystical sound they produce. You don't have to be a hard core HP fan to appreciate talent. I dig em!

Stoppable said...

love MOM --- keep posting the links!

the numbers w/the parselmouths are the best.