Monday, March 9, 2009

Quite A Change

A lot of Matt's lyrics are good - these have especially hit me. I may or may not have teared up a little when he busted the last lines out at the M-Shop (we'd never heard them before, they're new). The song itself is about the person you love dying slowly in a hospital (I think), but like all good songs, people internalize it and make it about whatever's going on in their own lives...

"so we bury our love in cemetaries
because its something pretty for us to look at.

And I'll come visit you...
And I'll bring flowers too...

And I know I can change myself!
And I know we can change our selves,
And I know I can change myself -
But who am I without somebody else?"

1 comment:

galfunseeker said...

I LOVE this song. I remember when he played it for me for the first time. I got the chills.