Thursday, October 25, 2007

Interesting

All facts of the story itself aside, I always find it interesting how different news sources 'objectively' report the news.
Check out how the first and third news sites phrase their headlines, and then look at how the second does. I'm not swaying anyone to either side, I'm merely pointing out how much I like the fact that Google News shows the same story on multiple sources. For stories that are supposedly objective, there's alot of desrepancy in their perspectives.

3 comments:

middleson said...

you and stoppable are much more adept at spotting the media biases than i am, but i agree that it helps to see the headlines all stacked side by side on google.
good example!

homebase said...

I am usually guliable on news stories, but then think it over and realize how they distort the news. I tell you I am so sick of hollywood drunk or mean to your kids celebrities that I never want to hear their names again. P.S. I like google, I think the NYTimes can be very partial.

Lehrer said...

I thought the NYT stated it factually compared to the others. I don't really read the news, sad to say, but I rely on stoppable or my dad. I know this is not the best (sorry stoppable) b/c then i get their biases. you should see my dad's fridge...it is his posting board for all the news he thinks is ridiculous or things he thinks the family should know. He clips articles out of the paper and puts them up with editorial comments hand written in the margins. :)