Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hand me up

Its not that often that I get older brother to take any 'hand me ups' - but there was one good one in particular recently. See below:

That's right, its a vintage Iowa Hawkeyes '86 Rose Bowl t-shirt. Its the softest thing in the planet, other than the Snuggle bear.

And, of course, I handed this piece of hawkeye apparel down the way any respecting Stater would - throwing it in the garbage for a hawkeye fan to dig out. (jokes. It had stains from facewash stuff on ancient tee material and stained it pinkish around the neck. And I was just giving it to Goodwill, not the garbage.)

4 comments:

homebase said...

It's an awesome shirt, remember me, I take a medium!!

Stoppable said...

nothing out-snuggles the snuggle bear... even the product he was pitching if i remember correctly

Caboose said...

There was a Snuggle commercial on one of the Star Wars television dubs we had growing up.

middleson said...

yes, this shirt is fantastic.
i was awestruck when i un-wadded the shirt and saw it in all its glory. i couldn't believe what i'd found in the goodwill pile.
funny side note: i wore this shirt when i went out for drinks back home and as soon as Nick saw it, he was super envious of it. he said several times during the night, "if you crash at our house tonight, you are not going to wake up with that shirt on."
best hand-up ever.