Thursday, January 28, 2010

Last 3 days in 5 mins or less...

  • Watched the State of the Union address last night. I freaking love our president. I would pay good money to have been able to take some of his Law and Politics classes at the University of Chicago. Critics (Palin) called the speech last night a 'lecture.' Maybe they're right. It did come off that way. But you know what I think? Most of Washington NEEDS a lecture, and possibly detention on the weekend! Parts of the speech WERE scolding, but rather than whining about it like an admonished teenager, maybe... I dunno... internalize what you were told and learn from it.
  • Watched (500) Days of Summer again. That movie is excellent. The title screen is super cool, the writing is funny, and the message is both heart-wrenching and hopeful at the same time.
  • Used my new shoes for the first time, and they're super comfy! A good buy.
  • Having some crazy re-structuring at work today. I've managed to come through several of these re-organizations and re-alignments without losing my job, and luckily today was no different. Threaded another needle.

1 comment:

homebase said...

glad you are still in the workforce, and tomorrow is Friday!!