Friday, August 27, 2010

Bad Romance on the Carillon

I love my university. It's true that it is a bit geeky, but things like THIS happen:



There's a lot to like in this video.

1) Check out how nice it is, and how kids are just laying around outside in the grass and on the steps on a Friday.
2) Look at that campanile - THAT'S a campus, folks. Its a giant park in the middle of campus, with all the main buildings around it. What's your campus like, Iowa? Oh yeah - there's a CITY in the middle of your campus. (Granted, I really like the city that's in the middle of your campus, and I still have a little love for your sports programs, but other than THAT!)
3) I like how the assoc. prof. playing it is totally figuring it out on the way. Its gets better and better.
4) How cool is technology that this event took place at noon TODAY. That's five hours ago. Someone taped it, posted it to youtube, someone else saw it, posted it to facebook, I see it in my own facebook feed, watch it, post it to MY fb feed.... Look at how quickly things like this can get spread these days!

2 comments:

Les said...

so many of my friends posted it, love it! and i spent a week in ICity this week and their campus is absolutely nothing compared to ours .... fact

homebase said...

Love that song and thought this was so cool, Rockin'