Thursday, September 28, 2006

a shout out to the city of wind

One of my favorite bands is on the rocks. I don't like to hear the word 'hiatus' from a band. Especially when its preceded by the word 'indefinate.' Lucky Boys Confusion, a pop-punk band from Chicago has yet to announce fall shows, and according the the band, they most likely won't be any. Granted they've played for around 9 years, (I remember Bossman and Fred Astaire from Junior year of HS, and they were already pretty popular.) Vikas sealed the deal my Freshman year of college w/ tracks like Saturday Night, One to the Right, and the Power (acoustic only up until a year ago). Commitment could be one of the better ALBUMS in my entire collection. But above all, these guys ROCK a live show. Heavy drinkers, especially when on stage, they thrive on the bar scene. I can only wish to put on a show as bad-ass as LBC. As a side note, I've never disappointed anyone by reccomending LBC, they've almost got as good a track record as Speechwriters LLC.
Favorite LBC tracks (in no particular order):
1. Medicine and Gasoline
2. Saturday Night
3. The Struggle
4. Atari
5. Closer to Our Graves
6. Breaking Rules
7. 40-80
8. Arizona Stand
9. Dumb Pop Song
10. Broken

Take your time, guys. Don't force it.
Here's to you, the good life, and me.

2 comments:

middleson said...

f-ing crap! wrong link. :S

how about this one
http://jacobregan.blogspot.com/2006/10/lucky-boys-confusion.html#comments

middleson said...

While I didn't come up with a top 10, your post did inspire me to put together my thoughts towards LBC and share how the band has been interwoven with my life.
Feel free to read and comment at this link:
http://www.amazon.com/Commitment-Lucky-Boys-Confusion/dp/B0000DD52X