Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Edge

The Edge is well known among the world's best guitarists, but is still more noted in guitarists' minds than any music critic. This is due to the fact that The Edge not only has one of the coolest rock-n-roll names ever, he's a divine king of guitar and effect TONE. Tone is a greatly underappreciated factor in guitar. Its what really set apart guitarists after you get past the 'they're good' stage. It makes 'good' become 'holy crap.' This link is an amazingly in depth look at how The Edge gets his signiture delay effect showcased in The Streets Have No Name and others. You'd recognize it if you heard it.

6 comments:

homebase said...

The Edge is cool. But my heart belongs to Bono

homebase said...

what is the wheelchair for after the word verification?

homebase said...

Phew, I never knew music was so complicated...did he think that up himself? , splitting into 2 amps deal? not that I understand it mind you, I just wanted to ask a question that showed I understood the first line of the article.

Caboose said...

its for blind people to have verification too. speaks the letters.

middleson said...

....."OK, Edge, play the blues...."

one of my favorite moments in U2's music.

Lehrer said...

I love The Edge (Dave Evans)!! I remember one of his performances in the Rattle and Hum movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096328/) where The Edge plays while Bono talks and i can't remember anymore which song it was...grr. the point: his hands are amazing, i can't imagine the strength he must have! I'll have to go home tonight and listen and report back so all may revel in the glory of The Edge!!