Thursday, December 7, 2006

Don't Stay Home this time...

"we don't have to, cause we don't want to."

Blogging at home... this hasn't happened for a very long time.
Its so damn cold! I used to say that my favorite season was winter. What was I thinking?! I hereby change my favorite season of the year to.... (drumroll) ...Fall! That's right, good ol' leaves-turning-brown, jacket-weather, Football-season, school-year-starting, not-cold-as-shit Fall. Look for him on the next email/profile quiz and/or survey.

So I think I have gig-commitment issues. I'm starting to think that maybe some subconsious part of my mind is preventing me from ever attempting/practicing to entire songs without stopping. I know that I can, and I know the whole song... I just don't. Which leads to apprehension about playing live, ie: never playing outside of my bedroom, as Roscommon says. As long as I just noodle, I'm safe from ever having to play in front of people. I need to break this habit if I'm ever going to progress. Step One: Identify the problem. Step Two: Listen to the Decemberists new album, because apparently, it was the best album of 2006. Step Three: rectify the problem in step one.

"don't break the mold kid, just eat around it, yeah thats what I did..."

5 comments:

loiltes said...

The Decemberists are good. My sister clued me into them awhile back when I visited her in Boston. They remind me of Death Cab for Cutie but a little bouncier. I'm a big fan of the song "Los Angeles, I'm Yours."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e41ygKJ3ABk

homebase said...

Go for it, learn one or two whole songs and just set the date and try it, if it bombs, so be it, if it is great, how wonderful that will feel.

homebase said...

Most people who have lived in Iowa all their lives have a nice warm winter coat to keep warm, try it, you'll find it very nice.

Anonymous said...

1. winter rules. the rest of the seasons are for wimps.

2. good job on step 1. i hope you've completed step 2 by now (if so let me know so i can schedule that for sept 07 for me) good luck on step 3.

3. no one should "noodle" i'm against verbification.

==STOPPABLE

Anonymous said...

1. winter rules. the rest of the seasons are for wimps.

2. good job on step 1. i hope you've completed step 2 by now (if so let me know so i can schedule that for sept 07 for me) good luck on step 3.

3. no one should "noodle" i'm against verbification.

==STOPPABLE