Thursday, March 8, 2007

Think Ink

I've been thinking alot about my next tattoo. (Sorry, mom & Roscommon, I know how you guys feel about that.) Regardless, they provide me a large amount of satifaction and confidence. I realize the stereotypes that go along with tattoo-ed people, but I feel that is beginning to fade. Besides, I enjoy people seeing my tattoos and then being obviously surprised at my demeanor and/or intelligence. I enjoy being distinct and different than everyone else, and in the end... I enjoy it, I want it, its my body, and that's all people really need to know.
However, this post wasn't intended to be preachy, everyone is going to feel differently about the topic. I want to use this post as a sort of sounding board for my ideas. I know WHERE I want it, but I'm not sure which design or idea I want to put there. Its going on my inner left forearm with as vivid colors as I can get. Here's what I'm thinking about so far...Yes, it is an adaptation of a tattoo that John Mayer has. No, I'm not in love with him. I do, however, really enjoy the 3 pane-idea with colors, so rather than directly copy it, I drew my own version. I felt the 'Earth' pane was a personal touch, rather than a mound of soil and tree which I had in my first draft, the fields have a more 'Iowan' feel to them.

3 comments:

loiltes said...

I will admit, I liked the tattoo but wasn't overly sold on it when you showed me the first draft. However, I love the color! The final draft (or at least the final draft as of this post) won me over. I dig it. Now the real question... when?

Stoppable said...

i agree the Earth-frame definitely has a "iowa" feel to it. i'm also a huge fan of water so that's good too.

middleson said...

paint it on your wall. on a guitar. its just too permanent for me. what's it gonna look like when you're 40?