Friday, December 5, 2008

The Future comes to Des Moines...

later than the rest of the country.

3G, the high-speed network used by smart phones, has finally come to DSM. Its only on in the Downtown and West DSM areas so far, still getting steady on its feet, but its here! I still have a few dead spots in the building I work in due to its size and being construction type 6 (Fire-Resistive, don't see to many of those. They're usually just CS 4 / Masonry Non-Combustible, but that's another blog). We move next door to an even newer building next month, so I'm hoping I'll get better reception in there. Its the only place so far in the Metro that I don't get service in.

3 comments:

homebase said...

good, that will be nice as well as a new building.

galfunseeker said...

look who is the insurance nerd now! CS 6? Does the PC make a difference, I am pretty sure downtown is a 3.

Caboose said...

nope, the 1100 building is definately CS 6, Rinker mentioned it a few times in class. There's only a handful of them in the state.