Monday, February 2, 2009

G.A.S.

Musicians know exactly what GAS means. And its not from eating beans.


I just got a new guit-box! I've been jones-ing for something bluesy for a while now. Something hollow-bodied. Something with humbuckers. What I ended up getting was a new Epiphone Dot in cherry. It's based of the famous Gibson E-335 model ($2k cheaper though). I got to take it to band practice the same day I got it to put it through the ringer. And it sounds GREAT. I can't wait to play with Tom using this thing. It sounds great clean, but kick on some overdrive, add a little gain, and its got great blues tones. Add some fuzz to that mix and its perfect for Black Keys-style blues rock. Feedback is so easy to get with a hollow-body! No more moving around the room, trying to find the 'sweet spot' for the amp and strat to get feedback. Just turn around to face the amp and prepare yourself....


Here a picture of a guitar like mine:

3 comments:

galfunseeker said...

So you bought this new .. doesn't need ANY work?

Caboose said...

nope. well... I guess I could replace the pickups. NO. I won't on this one though. It stays 'stock.'

middleson said...

its a sharp looking axe.