Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Songs for St. Pat's Saturday

Tom and I are going to be playing at the Emerald Isle on the Saturday before St. Patricks Day in Imogene, IA. I'm sure there's multiple bands as there are every year, but we're told it'll be afternoon/evening and ~1hr long. If I know the Isle, we'll have people miss it and make us play a second set late in the evening anyways.

Here's the setlist we're tossing around, we've been practicing these songs and we'll probably drop a few of the sloppy ones. Does anybody have any good suggestions of songs from the '90s that aren't CRAZY popular, but if people heard it, they would definately know it? My submission was "Banditos" by The Refreshments ('well I got the pistols, so I'll keep the pesos, yeah and that seems fair.') I also thought Champagne Supernova would be a crowd pleaser, and a break from every other band in the world playing Wonderwall. So - if you can think of a '90s anthem or a song that maybe you heard on 89.7 The River when you were in high school, leave me a comment.

1. Set you Free - Black Keys**
2. Consoler of the Lonely - Raconteurs
3. Thickfreakness - Black Keys**
4. Take the Money and Run - Steve Miller Band**
5. Cissy Strut - JM3**
6. Who Did You Think I Was? - JM3**
7. Bron Y-aur Stomp - Led Zepp
8. Wastin Time - Jack Johnson**
9. I Got Mine - Back Keys**
10. Do You Right - 311**
11. Magic Potion - Black Keys**
12. Lies - Black Keys**
13. Taylor - Jack Johnson**
14. Cookie Jar - Jack Johnson**
15. D'yer Maker - Led Zepp
16. Instinct Blues - White Stripes
17. What I Got - Sublime**
18. Rock N' Me - Steve Miller Band**
19. Champagne Supernova - Oasis**
20. Kilburn High Road - Flogging Molly
21. Crossroads - Cream
22. Beautiful Disaster - 311
23. Banditos - The Refreshments**
24. Down Together - The Refreshments**

**I could probably kick these out no problem. The others might need some practice.

4 comments:

homebase said...

ahh... Play at least one from Gaelic Storm.

galfunseeker said...

I'm not sure what song it was but the one that you said you played back in the day... hmmm acoustic cool song sounds hard... Matt played it for uson a cd when we went to a movie once, you said "I know how to play that" then after the movie you showed Matt how to play it at your place. Gosh I know this is a lot of rambling but c'mon you know what I am talking about...right? IF you do, I think you should play that one. ok, I'm done

Caboose said...

It's already on that list. Its called "Bron-Y-Aur Stomp" by Led Zeppelin.

galfunseeker said...

Excellent! Make sure someone records it.