Friday, June 5, 2009

California Dreamin'

John Mayer Trio is the coolest thing ever.  It validates me when people say, 'who's your favorite musician?' and I say, "John Mayer."   I get a lot of, "so Your Body Is A Wonderland is your favorite song, huh?"   To which I internally respond with, "you are stupid, and our conversation about music is over.  Go back to your radio."

Not really - I usually follow it up with, "Not the acoustic stuff, the Trio.  Its loud electric blues-rock with fantastic tone and 3 insane musicians."    What I get back is a blank stare most of the time.  Here's what I'm talking about:

The JM3 had a tour in 2006 - Put out one live album called "TRY!" and this is their second live performance in 3 years.    They played on Conan O'brian's show last night - he just moved to LA, California to take over Leno's spot.   So of course John brought the loud blues tweak in a nod to Conan's new hometown:


2 comments:

middleson said...

dude, why didn't you say it was a 70's cover! and included a children's choir!
i almost didn't even watch it!
it was good stuff!

i'll go back to my radio now.

Caboose said...

Because it was a test. I knew you'd dig it. And I know mom loves that song, so we'll see if she watches it...