Sunday, June 14, 2009

"It Might Get Loud"

I'm really looking forward to a few movies this summer.

One's Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. That's a given. (july 15th, ahem...) It was my favorite HP book, and I'm hoping it'll be the best movie. Ralph Fines is a fantastic He Who Must Not Be Named (or Voldemort, or Tom Riddle, depending on how brave you are). And Alan Rickman is a great Snape.


I also want to see the documentary It Might Get Loud - a film about a gathering of Jack White, the Edge, and Jimmy Page. They, um, play guitar. :-) It looks like it might be shot pretty cool as well.

the Edge talks about how he gets his insane tone and effects. Page talks about being lead guitarist in Led Zeppelin and being the best (arguably) guitar player alive. Jack White is crazy/awesome. Builds a slide guitar with nails, a glass bottle, one guitar string and a 2x4 in about 2.5 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually get goosebumps when I see the previews for the movie! Gonna be so good!