Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fair and UnBalanced

I love to hate FOX news. Its just because they're so biased, then pretend like they're not biased. Their tag line "Fair and Balanced" couldn't be farther from the truth. I mean, I get that every reporter, every station has a certain level of personal bias - its just that FOX is so blatant about it.

For example - remember the NYC fly-over from a few posts back? FOX news SLAMMED the administration and Obama in particular for this mistake. Even today, here's how they quoted Obama's response:

"It was a mistake, as was stated ... and it will not happen again."

Here's the actual quote: "It was a mistake, as was stated. It was something we found out about along with all of you, and it will not happen again."

Nice, FOX. Obviously he didn't know about it, or it wouldn't have happened. Way to make sure your conservative viewership continues to think he somehow personally signed off on it.

to the jerkoffs @ Fox - STOP TRYING TO MAKE NEWS AND JUST REPORT IT.

Stick to shows like 90210, Fox. Leave the intelligent programs to intelligent stations.

3 comments:

Stoppable said...

I was with you up to the last sentence, which left me wondering what intelligent stations you had in mind?

Caboose said...

true - CNN's biased to the left, but they're more subtle about it. I prefer Google News, you get to see the spectrum of all the news sources. Just the headlines are usually enough to know how they're going to cover a story.

Stoppable said...

I agree -- the headlines reveal the slant usually.

I should watch more PBS than I do - they seem most balanced of the TV genre to me.