Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Custom Build

I realized that if I had a million dollars, and didn't have to work, I'd build electric guitars. In that spirit, I thought I'd share my current "Dream Build." If I had the money (which I don't), this is the guitar I'd build piece by piece for a beautiful and quality Strat. Body: Warmouth Strat Alder Single Piece Body
"Brown" Transparent poly Finish (i wish it was nitro)
S-S-H routing (S-S-S shown above)
$160 alder body + $40 1-piece body + $185 trans poly finish = $385
Maple/Rosewood Neck:
Vintage Modern Strat replacement next
9.5" nut width/radius
Graphite Nut
6105 Narrow Jumbo frets
Modern "C" shape neck contour
Fender/Schaller Tuner holes
Vintage-tint nitro finish (satin)
$157 maple/rosewood neck + $30 Graphite Nut + $95 vintage tint nitro finish = $282

Pickups:
Fender Custom Shop Fat 50's Single Coil (neck) = $220 for 3. I need 1.
Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials Single Coil (middle) = $220 for 3. I need 1.
Seymour Duncan Little '59er (bridge) = $75
(the link above shows a boxed set of 'mixed' pickups. This is basically what I'm going for)

'Vintaged' Pickguard and knobs (the yellowed kind) with a gold American Standard Tremolo bridge and gold jack plate (gold hardware not shown in picture).

Here's an idea of what the finished product would look like:
*please excuse the fact that I frankensteined pieces of other guitar pictures for the top one.*
*the bottom pic is someone else guitar body that is very similar to what I'm thinking of. Disregard the scalloped frets on the neck, though.*

No comments: