Friday, January 19, 2007

Time of Death - 9:17

My lumina, which has been with me since High School, finally died this morning at 9:17am. After 6 years of faithful service, the brakes have failed beyond the point of repairing them. Luckily, I didn't die in the process of finding out. Still, after a conversation with Roscommon a week ago, I realize just how much people take their auto for granted. We always assume it will be there, that when the key is turned, the engine will start and take us to our destination. And when that doesn't happen, suddenly a feeling of helplessness creeps up. The Fist, I shall always look back on the times we spent together fondly. You never let me down, even when I ran you out of gas that one time. I wish you nothing but the best, and hopefully the wholesale people who rip you apart and sell off your metal treat you nice. Now, to find a car. The good people at Beechers might have a prospect for me next week. I've got my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

loiltes said...

The fist has definitely had a good run. I remember back in the day pulling into work at Hy-Vee and getting a little jolt of excitement whenever I'd see it in the parking lot. :)