Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Energy Drink follow-up

I haven't gotten the most sleep this past week or so, and after dragging ass all day yesterday at work, I thought a full night's sleep was in order last night. However, apparently I was defaulted on more than 1 good nights sleep as today I was still running on fumes. So, at 8am I thought I'd try my favorite energy drink, Amp'd Mt. Dew to kickstart my day from Reverse to 6th gear without pressing the clutch, pour napalm into the gas tank, and put a mean-teeth-thing on the grill of the car that is my life.
But then, disaster. No Amp'd in Vend-o-land. What to do. After several people (and anybody on MTV Cribs) have harped on me that Monster is the way to go, I thought I'd finally give it a try (and since I didn't really have a choice). Basically, the stuff tastes exactly like Rockstar, only in a different can. I did notice that the Monster can has more taurene in it than my tried and true Amp'd. I noticed just after I downed the last drop, and envisioned myself suddenly Hulk-ing out, turning green, ripping out my hair and screaming while typing a thousand miles an hour at about 10% quality.
Sadly, what actually ensued was much less exciting. The Monster only seemed to wake my mind up (311 reference) and not my body. I was hyper and alert, but my body was still screaming at me to just sit down and not move for the rest of the day. Final answer: If Monster tastes worse than Amp'd and only seems to jumpstart your head, what's the point? I hear that theres an 'orange' Monster, maybe I'll try that next.
Stoppable, any new energy drink discoveries? Still on your diet Rockstar kick?

7 comments:

Stoppable said...

yeah - dt Rockstar is the best kick for the buck. sometimes it's a bit too much though -- once ingested you're not sleeping for at least 6 1/2 - 7 hrs.

for those "medium" need occasions I do like NOS - the orange sugar free variety, good kick but it tapers off much quicker; 3 - 4 hrs tops.

I've also tried the juiced rockstars, but they aren't sugar free and still have a TON of kick.

New addition is that crazy aussie drink that comes in a yellow and silver can... nice flavor, but no noticeable bang.

homebase said...

diet coke in the am goes down so nice. Picks you right up and off you go.

homebase said...

diet coke!!

TweakySolution said...

Did you ever notice that what's going in has the same color as what's going out? Think about it.

Caboose said...

gross. but true. but they don't taste the same... what?

middleson said...

i don't ever drink energy drinks. i tend to stick to a coke/dr. pepper/chai/iced tea. but that doesn't mean that i don't enjoy your narrative about the drinks. :)

leda said...

nice review about energy drink. Have you ever tried to look for the best energy drink??If not yet,It's in the vitamin water.