Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Social D

Nothing like some punk rock on a Wednesday... put on your chucks, dingy white tees, and show off your newest tattoos. (Bad hair dye jobs optional, along with that studded belt you got at hot topic) Social Distortion is one of the classic "punk" rock bands. Often discussed with the early punk movement with bands like Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, and Minor Threat. I can stomach Social D a little more than some of the others due to the blues roots in much of their music. (Bad Religion gets its playtime too) This show is going to be interesting, I expect to be one of the younger people in this crowd. I also expect to get my ass kicked pretty soundly, but hey, otherwise it wouldn't be punk.
Maybe they'll do an Avril cover... I hear she's punk.

No comments: