Friday, May 4, 2007

Icky Thump

On the drive into work this morning, I FINALLY caught a song that I've been hoping to hear for a while. The next White Stripes album, Icky Thump, comes out next month and the title track was released to radio a little while ago, but I haven't been lucky enough to hear it. The song wasn't announced-just started playing but from first distorted riff and crashing/booming drums I knew what it was. Shit, son... I cannot WAIT for this album. I couldn't find a good link to the new single to stream, but suffice to say, its bluesy (its the Stripes, c'mon... thats what they do) its loud, its simple, and it kicks ass. I'd compare it to Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine meets Hardest Button To Button. I did find a pretty sweet tabs/equipment/technique page for Jack's music.

blow your blues/rock/experimental mind to this and try not to nod your head to Meg's freakin drums.

1 comment:

middleson said...

heard part of it on the radio last week.
i like what i've heard.