Sunday, August 12, 2007

The first build's new home

Roscommon had a great idea a few weeks ago; 'have the people you sell your guitar projects to take a picture of themselves playing it, then reference it with a map.' I've only sold the one build thus far, but I have 3 emails and messages from people asking when the next one will be ready. Guess I should think about starting the next one. I'm thinking about maybe trying to build two at the same time. We'll see. Not alot of capital at the moment.
My first build was the John Mayer black relic replica, turned out pretty well, and sounded amazing. It was sold a few weeks ago to a guy off of one of the message boards I frequent. He was from the U.K. The work of my hands is now being played in Shoeburyness, England. Mark it on the map, boys!
Here's the pics the guy kindly supplied me with and a quote from one of his emails to me. Nice guy.
"Had a great rehearsal yesterday with the band in a studio / rehearsal room, got to take the relic down there and really see what she can do....It sounded amazing, those pickups were really giving me a great tone, the guys down there were all commenting on my tone that session :)"

5 comments:

homebase said...

Amazing. Fun to see who buys them. Good job caboose.

loiltes said...

I think this is the coolest post you've ever written. How exciting!! I love the idea of asking them to send you pics and the quote from the guy's email is great! I definitely see a future in this for you. Keep it up and keep us posted!!

Stoppable said...

well done --
you're probably somewhat famous in Shoeburynes as the "bloke in America" who builds guitars!

Stoppable said...

i also really like the 2-at-a-time strategy; although clearly more capital intesive, i think the labor savings (in terms of time) might be sufficient to justify

middleson said...

Very cool. Very cool.

Now the next step is paying the relic a visit. Bring your next project and hold a international reunion jam session!