Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Anathallo

anathallo.  still one of the top 5 best live shows I've ever seen.  because of stuff like this.  Wait through the quiet buildup and japanese poetry.  The bass drummer and floor tom guy are both playing a really complicated rythem in perfect sync.  1:29 is especially cool....





This next song isn't the best quality audio, but its a great portrayal of the band. Dynamic doesn't quite do it justice. Library-quiet intros, huge crecendos...
If you've got the patience, watch this video. My favorite part starts at 4:40 - look how into it the entire band is (all 8 of them) especially at the "who could imagine a holiday (A HOLIDAY!) at the sea!" part.



2 comments:

homebase said...

not enough patience on the second but the first was good, sounded like you and roscommon's "BA--DUP" high pitched squeal. :) at the end.

galfunseeker said...

WOW I love the energy! They are coming here March 7th, after seeing this I HAVE to go. Thanks for letting me know about this band. I really like the 2 songs I have, now I need to get some of their other stuff.