Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Scrubs is back!

One of my favorite shows "Scrubs" is back on TV. Its on ABC now, and the best part is - ITS GOOD AGAIN! The last season on NBC was really... weak, I guess. Like it was going through the motions. Like they knew they were just waiting for their new station and new life. Which they probably were.
A few things about the new season:
-It was darker than the other seasons. Not like darker moods or themes, but the actual lighting used on the set was less, giving everything more of a shadow. The old Sacred Heart hospital was very bright.
-Its obvious that Zach Braff cares again. Every quirk and weird face was delivered with the energy of the old JD, but with a new JD twist. I'm thinking of when Turk mentioned that the blunt intern should be named Jo. JD said that just wouldn't work, but then walked away with the 'I'm SO using that name' look on his face. He does that look a lot, but this one was funnier than usual.
-Ted was always funny, but this episode was one of his best. He got to do his singing thing, and his depressive thing, too. Ted's character made me laugh out loud twice that episode. "Ted, all you've got in [your briefcase] is a smiley face button and a revolver."
"Yeah, one's in case I get sad and the other is in case I get really sad."
-I'm not happy about the fate of Janitor. That better not be the last we see of him. I like that the new chief of medicine asked him what his name was, checked his badge, and it said "The Janitor." I still like when he went a school's 'job day' as a doctor and said his name was Dr. Jan Itor.
-The Indian intern (who's in some other movie I can't put my finger on) who's a trend starter. I'm not sure how I feel about him just yet. I started off not liking him. But he grew on me. Jury's still out.

Scrubs is now Tuesday nights on ABC at 8pm CST.

1 comment:

homebase said...

never watch but when i am in dm and you are viewing, it looks like fun and good humor. Your blog looks nice, your blue phase? very easy to read the script.