Monday, January 26, 2009

You Found Me

Sometimes I hate The Fray. Sometimes I'm a huge fan. I'm usually a fan until the radio plays the song 45 times a day. Thanks, ClearChannel.

So this new single of theirs really caught my ear. I just love the first 45 seconds of the song. The simple piano (simple enough for me to learn it) and the cutting lyrics.

I found God
on the corner 1st and Amistad
where the west was all but won
all alone smokin his last cigarette
I said "where you been?"
he said, "ask anything."
WHERE WERE YOU
When everything was falling apart?
etc.
--------------------------------
I mentioned this lyric to Roscommon over the weekend and he brought up a very similar DMX lyric. (I know, I know... The Fray to DMX? Bear with me...) DMX's song basically said the same thing, and I like DMX's God's response to the question of why the protagonist only sees one set of footprints when shit was bad. "It was then I carried you, my son."

No comments: