Thursday, February 11, 2010

(His) Stupid Mouth

Finally. I'm sorry all this finally got to you, John. Believe me, I understand your lack of a filter better than most. I do. I understand your need to be liked, to be funny, to be witty. Sometimes you hit that mark and sometimes you crash and burn. You've (we've) been crashing and burning a lot lately. These jokes are good with certain friends - not good in magazine interviews. Yes, I read the RS and Playboy interviews. You're lucky you have any friends left. I "get" you and even I am starting to think you're a huge douchebag. You've always been on the edge of new media and profitted (not monetarily) from it. You should know better than anyone that out of 100 people who see your soundbytes from these interviews, maybe 3 have read the whole thing in context. I understand that maybe you're not in a good place right now. I can identify. Your 'break down' is a start. Maybe all the shit you've said is starting to come 'back to you' (sorry, no pun intended) and it just got real for the first time in a while.

You're one of my favorite guitarists. I think you're funny as hell. I believe you're not as bad as tabloids and media make you out to be, but you're not helping yourself anymore. Its time to shut the fuck up and play your guitar for a few years. I don't want to see another tweet from you. Ever. I don't want to read anymore interviews. Go back to blogging about watches and music and guitars and cameras and that's it.

Please, John. I'll work on myself too.

1 comment:

middleson said...

i'm never speaking up again...
starting now...
one more thing...

i like that after his moment of "clarity" on stage where he says he's done with the media game and just wants to plays...he sends a tweet promptly after completing the show....can't leave the media waiting!!

it's too bad because he seems just like a misunderstood, goofy, somewhat douchey guy, who's always trying one-up himself in the limelight....but using the n-word is tough to talk your way out of.