Monday, November 22, 2010

30 days of truth (Day 7)

Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.

Trying to whittle this down to one person might be tough... I'll just say that my mother and two older brothers have done a lot for me, both directly and indirectly.

Obviously, they've all given me a lot of direct support all my life... advice, phone calls, positive vibes, etc. But indirectly, they've made my life literally worth living for by just being themselves. There have been times in the past few years where I was so down that they were literally the only reason I could find to keep on going at all.

On a much less dramatic but no less truthful note: I sometimes also think that its worth living just to observe the unpredictable and wondrous event that is life on this planet. Crazy good or bad weather, the insane coincidences, the vastness of the universe, the newest gadget realized from a childhood sci-fi movie, the unpredictability of people... There's something existentially and fundamentally amazing about the fact that those phenomenon aren't unique to our lifetimes. People have been reveling in these things for centuries... Little feelings of amazement, awe, and understanding that appear in a flash and then gone even faster. Those moments are - in part - I think why we're all HERE.

2 comments:

homebase said...

Well, you have had ups and downs like everyone and still are a great worker, someone with a great sense of humor, awesome music lover, and wonderful family member. Just think of all the fun stuff out there yet, your trip to Europe sounds fantastic, you must do that. I think you should go visit someone making guitars, what is that called? luthier! (google helped me) wouldn't that be cool? get out there and enjoy this wonderful world, Life is Good!! and You are very special.

Les said...

LOVE the 2nd 1/2 of the post. So true, so wonderfully true!