Monday, November 1, 2010

Make-up list

I know I've sucked at blogging lately.... sigh. Sometimes I just get bummed about blogging because I feel like its always the same things going on, and never any improvements - and its not fun to document that permanently on the internets, ha.

Anyways, a bulleted list of recent happenings:
  • Tour was fun, albeit exhausting. There was a hell of a lot of driving and sleeping in a cramped van during those first few days. The weekday shows were pretty sparsely attended, like any weekday show for an out-of-town band. But they were still fun and good experience. Yes - in case you haven't already heard my story - I dropped my phone down a drainage grate in Nashville and eventually went in after it by crawling 55-60ft through a drainage culvert 8ft underground. That was the first day of the tour. The weekend shows were a blast with GREAT bands to play with. Friday's show was at a coffee shop that had no issues with bands getting crazy loud. The other bands were super nice and we all talked gear and custom made guitars. CDs and stickers were exchanged and I fought the urge to get my picture taken with one of the frontmen who looked EXACTLY like Jack White. Saturday's show was at one of the coolest venues I've ever seen with a band that just got off the road with Local Natives and supposed to be the local band that's blowing up. They were also really good to us and the people at the show gave us a LOT of love during our set and after we were done, too. We got a lot of compliments. Then we got in the van and drove 18 straight hours back home.
  • I finally finished some friends' artwork for their birthdays (which were in August...) I wasn't happy with the first few attempts and didn't feel right given them pieces that I wasn't happy with. I'll try and get my artwork blog updated with pictures soon.
  • I made monkey bread from a recipe that mom used to use. It was my first experience with making any type of bread from scratch and I have to admit - it turned out really well. Thanks to homebase for the pre-game tips. That yeast LOVED the secret sugar ingredient! Chemical reactions are crazy.

5 comments:

Nic said...

LOVE my gift! Thank you again! Definitely worth the wait :)

It was fun hearing about all your adventures while on tour and I must say it was so incredibly cool to buy your album last week! Now I know we covered the one situation in which you won't be my friend anymore, (I'll try to stick to a strict diet) but what about when you become Über-famous?!

Caboose said...

woah - way to take to time to find out how to type an umlaut! Yes - I'll still be friends with you guys. Although I really don't see that ever being tested.

middleson said...

the monkey bread was killer. totally need to offer up some pix of it. i was amazed by your dedication and skills with the dough making!
just don't make it too often cuz i'll be a blimp.

Les said...

yeah 3 month long b-day celebration, so jazzed about the artwerk, gracias! i'm glad you won't ditch us when you are famous, now about those Grammy tix ...

homebase said...

the picture of the bread made me want to drive to des moines--fast--before it cooled. Way to go Jacques Pepin!! :)